Here’s your chance to find out how closely you followed the news last week with the newspaper edition of That’s News to You. You can also take the online version of the quiz, at www.spokesman. com/newsquiz, where top entries go into a drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries go into a drawing for free movie tickets.
1. How old is the Gaiser Conservatory in Manito Park?
A. 75 years
B. 80 years
C. 90 years
D. 100 years
E. 105 years
2. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the largest group of immigrants to the United States in 2010 were:
E. Can’t fool me. The census doesn’t have that kind of information.
3. The leading cause of death in Spokane County is:
B. Heart disease
E. Can’t fool me. None of those is right.
4. Recall CdA was an effort to force the ouster of:
A. The city clerk
B. The city attorney
C. The mayor and some city council members
D. Three municipal judges
E. Can’t fool me. Recall CdA is an effort to collect people’s memories of the city’s history.
5. What is the order of events in the Coeur d’Alene Ironman Triathlon?
A. Run, swim, bike
B. Bike, swim, run
C. Swim, run, bike
D. Run, bike, swim
E. Swim, bike, run
Check your work
Find the answers and last week’s winner on B7.