Of Twin Lakes, ID, passed away at home, on March 4, 2012.
Jeri was born in Bellingham, WA, on March 23, 1948, to John Whitney and Inez May (Richardson) Atkinson. Jeri left this world peacefully in her sleep after a short battle with cancer. She was raised in Bellingham, Spokane, and Pend Oreille County. As an adult she lived in Everson and Lynden, WA, and worked at the Sumas Post Office. She transferred to the Hayden, ID, Post Office five years ago. She had many dear friends at the Post Office.
She is survived by her husband, Robert Kornelis of Twin Lakes, ID; son Michael and wife Kris Oliver of Everson, WA, and their children Amber and Drew; son Kenneth Oliver of Twin Lakes, ID; sisters: Lois Streubel of Bellingham, WA, Joan Lake of Rathdrum, ID, and Linda Hammond of Phoenix, AZ; sister-in-law Ruth Atkinson of Spokane, WA; brother Alan and wife Alice Atkinson of Honolulu, HI; step-sons: Mitch and wife Robyn Kornelis of Lynden, WA and Nathan and wife Lolly Kornelis of Los Angeles, CA; several grandchildren, nieces, nephews, and extended family.
Jeri is preceded in death by her parents and oldest brother John Whitney Atkinson, II.
She will be greatly missed.
Celebration of life will be from 4-7 p.m. Thursday, March 8, 2012, at 6762 Legacy Dr., Rathdrum, ID. Final resting place will be at the Green Acres Cemetery in Ferndale, WA. English Funeral Chapel, Coeur d’Alene, ID, is in charge of the arrangements
Please sign Jeri’s guest registry and view online memorial at www.englishfuneralchapel.com
Subscribe and login to the Spokesman-Review to read and comment on this story
Most read stories
- Footage shows violent altercation between army vet, officers at Coeur d’Alene hospital; both sides b …
- Mysterious wolf-like animal found in Montana igniting online speculation …
- Former Spokane Valley Councilman Bill Gothmann donates 11 acres for park …
- Deadly cougar attack on mountain bikers highlights importance of bear spray …
- Coeur d’Alene woman skips court hearing for embezzlement as investigation into husband’s death conti …