Have an item for Business Beat? Send it to businessbeat @spokesman.com.
• The Inland Northwest Associated General Contractors elected Robert Askins board president for 2012. He is vice president of Graham Construction and Management.
• Travis Prewitt has been recognized as one of the country’s top financial advisers for physicians in 2011 by Medical Economics. Prewitt is a UBS Financial Services adviser in Spokane.
• Northwest Farm Credit Services hired Jennifer Rohrer as communications and public relations coordinator. She previously worked as an anchor/reporter for KHQ-TV, has extensive media relations experience and holds a bachelor’s degree in communications from Washington State University. The company also promoted Pat Creagh to senior appraiser. He is a certified general real estate appraiser and has been with Northwest Farm Credit Services since 2005.
• Shannon Magnuson , D.D.S., has opened Magnuson Orthodontics in North Spokane. Magnuson previously practiced orthodontics at Damon and Magnuson Orthodontics in Spokane Valley for 15 years.
• Associated Luxury Hotels International hired Paul Howe as national sales manager for the western U.S. region, based in Greenacres. Howe previously worked as national sales manager for the Bellagio in Las Vegas.
• Ken Scheuer has been hired as plant manager of Pacific Coast Canola’s canola crushing plant in Warden, Wash. Scheuer previously served as plant superintendent/manager for TRT-ETGO in Becancour, Quebec. He is a certified management accountant and has nearly four decades of experience in the agriculture industry.
• Hanna and Associates Inc. in Coeur d’Alene hired Adrienne Ressa as art director. She has spent the past nine years as a designer for various advertising agencies in Spokane. She holds a degree in graphic design from Spokane Falls Community College and a degree in communications from Eastern Washington University.
• Critical Power Exchange of Spokane Valley promoted Scott Pape from project manager to director of business development for the company’s flooring and switch gear division. He has been with the company for nearly two years. The company also hired Devin Crouch as a project manager. He holds a bachelor’s degree in communications/business from Whitworth University and previously worked for Northern Technologies and Emerson Network Power for 15 years.
• Jonna Olscamp has been appointed development director for Coeur d’Alene Summer Theatre.
• Greater Spokane Incorporated hired Jessica Kirk as membership account executive. She has served as a GSI ambassador for the past two years and has more than 15 years of sales experience, working in the hospitality and finance industries.
• Marilyn Dhaenens has earned the Certified Residential Specialist designation from the Council of Residential Specialists. Dhaenens is a broker with Windermere Real Estate in Spokane.
• Keller Williams Realty hired Jeremy Bouchey as an agent. He previously worked for Arbor Crest Wine Cellars.
• Donovan Savage has rejoined Idaho/Montana Sash and Door as operations manager. He has more than 14 years of related experience and holds a bachelor’s degree in business marketing from Montana State University-Bozeman.
A GRIP ON SPORTS • Today is Memorial Day, the day we remember and honor those who gave, in Abraham Lincoln’s never-to-be-forgotten words, “the last full measure of devotion” to ...
STATE LANDS -- Two “free days” are being offered at Washington State Parks in June. In other words, a Discover Pass will not be required on vehicles for entry. On ...
S-R Archive find of the day: The first observance of Memorial day in Spokane was held Friday, May 30, 1884. The parade in the photo was moving along Second Avenue, ...
Are you a gamer? Do you like free things? Of course you do! We here at the Tech Deck are just like you: poor gamers looking for cheap entertainment. And ...