March 25, 2012 in City

North Side garage fire said to be accident

By The Spokesman-Review
 
Map of this story's location

A garage fire in North Spokane early today was ruled accidental by fire officials.

The fire was reported at 1:12 a.m. at 1127 W. Fairview Ave. in the two-story structure.

Firefighters extinguished the blaze, but not before it caused some $45,000 damage. Nearby homes were protected from damage.

An investigator discovered that cardboard was being used as a fuel source for a stove, which caused the flue pipe to overheat, triggering fire in the surrounding structure.

Get stories like this in a free daily email


Please keep it civil. Don't post comments that are obscene, defamatory, threatening, off-topic, an infringement of copyright or an invasion of privacy. Read our forum standards and community guidelines.

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in here or click the comment box below for options.

comments powered by Disqus