May 6, 2012 in City
That’s News to you answers
Here are the answers for this week’s quiz:
1. B. “Idaho’s a firearms friendly state,” Potlatch Mayor David Brown said, of plans to advertise its old mill site as a location for gun manufacturing and outdoor recreation companies.
2. C. Screech owls are extremely rare in this part of the country, and it took the “keen eye” of some experts from the Midwest to lead Washington State University employees to properly identify the owlets.
3. D. The bear baiting – which was banned by a 1996 ballot measure – was recorded by 52-year-old James Erickson’s own motion-activated camera.
4. A. The Polish 7-foot-1, 280-pound center passed on an invitation to meet with coaches at Duke and chose Gonzaga over California.
5. E. Both the United States and Somalia have premature birth rates of about 12 percent. By comparison, Japan’s premature birth rate is about 5.9 percent.
On the Web: Now that you’ve had a chance to practice, try your hand at the online version at www.spokesman.com/newsquiz. Top entries go into a drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries go into a drawing for two movie tickets to Regal Movie Theaters.
Last week’s winners were Donald Jacobson, of Medical Lake, who won the Davenport gift card; and Jordan Keough and Lauri Armon, both of Coeur d’Alene, and Joel Boni, of Liberty Lake, who all won a pair of tickets to the Spokane Shock.