Did you pay attention to the news last week? Here’s your chance to find out how well, with the print version of our weekly quiz. You can also try the online version at www.spokesman. com/newsquiz, and compete for a chance to win a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel or two movie tickets to Regal Movie Theaters.
1. What industry does the small town of Potlatch, Idaho, hope to attract, according to its mayor?
A. Wood recycling
B. Gun manufacturing
C. Gold mining
D. Seed potato processing
E. Medical marijuana, or “pot,” dispensaries
2. Nine baby owls being rehabilitated at Washington State University’s Veterinary Teaching Hospital were thought to be great horned owls, but turned out to be what species?
A. Barn owls
B. Snowy owls
C. Screech owls
D. Hoot owls
E. Night owls
3. What species of animal was a Pierce County man caught on camera baiting at his Okanogan County cabin?
A. Gray wolf
B. Red fox
C. Golden eagle
D. Black bear
E. Can’t fool me. All those animals were taking what he was putting out.
4. Gonzaga University men’s basketball announced it had recruited Przemek Karnowski. Where is Karnowski from?
C. The Czech Republic
5. Which nation has premature birth rates similar to the U.S., according to a new study?
Check your work
Find the answers and last week’s winners on Page B7
sponsored According to two 2015 surveys, 62 percent of Americans do not have enough savings to handle an unexpected emergency, much less any long-term plans.