Ryan Mansfield, a member of Troop 313, was awarded the rank of Eagle Scout, the highest given in the Boy Scouts.
For his project, Mansfield worked with the Eagle Ridge Development to develop and install nature signs on its three-mile trail.
Mansfield is a sophomore at Ferris High School and the son of Chris and Karen Mansfield, of Spokane.
• Scott Burgard, a member of Troop 420, received the rank of Eagle Scout, the highest rank given in the Boy Scouts.
For his project, Burgard painted the interior offices of the Spokane AIDS Network. He raised the money to cover the cost of paint and supplies and worked closely with employees, while they chose paint colors and worked around their schedules to paint their offices.
Burgard is the son of Dan and Karen Burgard of Spokane Valley and graduated from University High School in 2011.
• Three area residents graduated from basic military training at Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio, Texas.
Airman 1st Class Ryan Schwehr is the son of Rodney and Theresa Schwehr of Spokane and graduated in 2005 from Mt. Spokane High School.
Airman Chad Justice is a 2005 graduate of Port Angeles High School and is the son of Dawn Lawrence of Spokane.
Airman Kolin Wilson is the son of Karen Wilson of Spokane and graduated from Rogers High School in 2009.
• Army Pvt. Don LeRoy has graduated from basic infantry training at Fort Benning, Columbus, Ga.
He is the son of Richard and Debbie LeRoy of Spokane and graduated in 2010 from East Valley High School.
• Army Pvt. Brandon Strange graduated from the H-8 Tracked Vehicle Recovery Specialist Course at Fort Benning, Ga.
He is a 2010 graduate of Havermale High School and the son of Daniel Strange of Spokane and Jennifer Peterson of Spokane Valley.
• Army National Guard Pvt. Ryan Villalobos graduated from the Basic Field Artillery Cannon Crewmember Advanced Individual Training course at Fort Sill, Lawton, Okla.
He is the son of Rick and Nancy Villalobos of Spokane and a 1996 graduate of Shadle Park High School.
• Army National Guard Pfc. Colin Elvin has graduated from One Station Unit Training at Fort Leonard Wood, Waynesville, Mo., which included basic military training and advanced individual training.
He graduated in 2009 from Ferris High School and is the son of Matthew and Tamara Elvin of Spokane.
• Travis Finborg was recently promoted to the rank of technical sergeant in the U.S. Air Force.
He is the son of Barbara Hoover and Timothy Finborg, both of Spokane. He is the stepson of Cheryl Finborg of Spokane Valley. Finborg graduated in 2000 from Rogers High School.
• Shannen Kuest, a student at Western Washington University, was awarded a $1,000 Bowman Family Distinguished Scholars in Leadership and a $2,000 Foundation Annual Scholarship for the 2011-’12 academic year. She is the daughter of Mark and Sarah Kuest of Spokane Valley.
• Western Washington University student Alison Treichel was awarded a $1,000 Dennis Madsen Seattle Business Forum scholarship for the 2011-’12 academic year. She is the daughter of Dale and Beverly Treichel of Nine Mile Falls.
• Marye Scott, a student at Western Washington University, was awarded a $2,000 Non-Traditional Student Waiver for the 2011-’12 academic year. She is the daughter of Floyd and Karla Brown of Spokane Valley.
• Ian Leavy, a student at Eastern Washington University, was awarded a Weissenborn Geology Scholarship for $325 for the 2011-’12 academic year. Leavy the son of Kevin and Benita Leavy of Tekoa, Wash., and is an Iraq War Veteran, who served in the United States Marine Corps from 1999 through 2003.