Have an item for Business Beat? Send it to businessbeat @spokesman.com.
• ZBA Architecture PS has named Randy Vanhoff and Mark King as principals. Vanhoff has been with the firm for 14 years and King joined the firm six years ago.
• Sean Winnington and Jason Justice have been hired as structural CAD designers for DCI Engineers’ Spokane office. Winnington graduated from ITT Technical Institute and holds an associate’s degree in computer-aided drafting and design. Justice has five years of CAD design experience and holds an associate’s degree in medical engineering technologies from Spokane Community College.
• Century West Engineering Inc. appointed Matt Morkert as vice president.
• Terri Peterson has been hired as a mortgage loan originator for Cherry Creek Mortgage. She has 21 years of lending experience.
• Yarrow Hot Yoga and Wellness Studio hired Roz Kitt, Beth Galis and Rhea Slichter as instructors.
• Becky Clark has been hired by Synergy Healthcare in Spokane Valley as a physical therapist. She earned her physical therapy degree from the University of Washington and previously co-owned Apex Physical Therapy for 16 years.
• GEICO named Dan Cantillana new field representative of the year. Cantillana works as an agent for the company in downtown Spokane.
• Russ Nobbs has been inducted into the Washington State Recycling Association’s Recycling Hall of Fame. Nobbs is owner of Rings & Things.
• Keller Williams Realty Spokane hired Sarah Cline as an agent. She previously worked for Windermere Real Estate in Western Washington.
• James Madsen has earned the Certified Distressed Property Expert designation. Madsen works for RE/MAX Inland Empire in Spokane.
• The Washington Association of Realtors awarded Mike Livingston its Commercial Realtor of the Year Award. Livingston is a broker with Kiemle and Hagood Co.
sponsored According to two 2015 surveys, 62 percent of Americans do not have enough savings to handle an unexpected emergency, much less any long-term plans.