Man bitten by rattlesnake at Clarkston, WA, Wal-Mart
LEWISTON, Idaho — A man says he reached down to pick up a stick lying in the gardening aisle of a Wal-Mart in Clarkston, Wash., only to discover that it was a rattlesnake that then bit his hand.
Mica Craig says he was shopping in the outdoor garden department of a Clarkston store when he was bitten Saturday. The 47-year-old man from Clarkston, Wash., says it latched onto his hand and that he screamed and managed to shake loose the snake and stomped it to death.
The Lewiston Tribune reports a bystander drove Craig to a local emergency room. Craig says he was treated with six bags of anti-venom and was told that his hand could be permanently disfigured.
He says doctors expect him to remain hospitalized until Tuesday.
© Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.