Here are the answers to this week’s quiz:
1. E. Smart was the speaker for last week’s luncheon. Tutu was the GU commencement speaker earlier this month and Queen Latifah was scheduled to speak at a YWCA luncheon earlier this spring but had to cancel because of a family emergency.
2. C. Afridi is a Pakistani doctor who helped the CIA confirm that bin Laden was in Abbottabad. The Pakistanis last week sentenced him to 33 years in prison.
3. D. There are relatively few Democrats in Idaho, but Farris won the Democratic primary for the 1st Congressional District seat, narrowly beating Cynthia Clinkingbeard, who suspended campaigning after an arrest for pulling a gun on employees in an office supply store. Farris faces freshman Rep. Raul Labrador in the general election.
4. B. Ford, which borrowed more than $23 billion in 2006 and even pledged its familiar blue oval logo as collateral, has made a turnaround and was upgraded.
5. C. Affirmed was the last Triple Crown winner, in 1978.
Now that you’ve had a bit of practice, try the online version of That’s News to You at spokesman.com/newsquiz, where top entries go into a drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel and all entries go into a drawing for movie tickets.
Last week’s winners were Tim Lafser, of Post Falls, who won the Davenport gift card, and Helen Donier, of Spokane, who won movie tickets to AMC theaters.