Did you follow the news last week? How well? Here’s your chance to find out. For an interactive online challenge, try the quiz on our website at spokesman.com/ newsquiz, where you have a chance to win a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel or tickets to the movies.
1. The main speaker at Spokane’s annual Women Helping Women luncheon was
A. Desmond Tutu
B. Jaycee Dugard
C. Cathy McMorris Rodgers
D. Queen Latifah
E. Elizabeth Smart
2. Shakil Afridi is regarded as a hero by some and a traitor by others. What did he do?
A. He opened a new Israeli settlement in Palestinian territory
B. He questioned Barack Obama’s birth certificate
C. He helped the U.S. find Osama bin Laden in Pakistan
D. He left the Egyptian army during the Arab Spring
E. He’s a member of the Taliban who joined Hamid Karzai’s government
3. Jimmy Farris was in the news last week after he won an Idaho Democratic primary for
A. A legislative seat in North Idaho
B. Kootenai County commissioner
C. U.S. Senate
D. U.S. House of Representatives
E. Can’t fool me. There aren’t enough Democrats in Idaho to force a primary.
4. Which automaker had its credit rating upgraded to investment grade by Moody’s last week?
5. I’ll Have Another has won the Preakness as well as the Kentucky Derby. If he wins the Belmont Stakes, he would be the first Triple Crown winner since
To find out how well you did, turn to Page B2.