Religion Notebook: Church bazaars in full bloom
It’s November, which means it’s time for church bazaars, food festivals and rummage sales.
• Mission Community Presbyterian Church, 2103 E. Mission Ave., will host its annual Christmas Bazaar on Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Information: (509) 534-4502.
• Audubon Park United Methodist Church, 3908 N. Driscoll Blvd., will hold its Fall Bazaar on Saturday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Items for sale include fall and Christmas decorations, books, gently used clothing, baked goods and gift items.
Information: (509) 325-4541.
• Fowler United Methodist Church Women, 3928 N. Howard St., will host a bazaar and luncheon Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Proceeds of the event will benefit the UMW Mission Outreach.
Information: (509) 325-3242.
• Pilgrim Lutheran Church, 2733 W. Northwest Blvd., will have its annual bazaar Saturday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Items for sale include crafts, books, quilts and baked goods.
Information: (509) 325-5738.
• Lincoln Heights Community Church, 3527 E. 29th Ave., will hold a rummage sale Friday and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Information: (509) 534-7821.
• St. Mark’s Lutheran Church, 316 E. 24th Ave., will host its annual bazaar and bake sale Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Bazaar items include crafts, gift baskets and gently used furniture. Bake sale items include lefse, cookies, pies and breads.
The church will also serve coffee, apple cider, fruit and sweets.
Information: (509) 747-6677.
• Spokane Buddhist Temple, 927 S. Perry St., will present its 22nd annual Aki Matsuri Fall Food Festival on Sunday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The meal will be a yakisoba bento box lunch, either chicken or vegetarian, miso soup and Japanese cabbage for $12.
They will be available to eat in or carry out.
Also for sale will be senbei, or Japanese rice crackers for $4, Char-shui (barbecued pork) for $5, futomaki sushi, full roll, $8, inari sushi, four for $5, California roll, $7 and a combination of four futomaki and two inari for $7.
The temple usually sells out of food, so pre-orders are recommended.
Information: (509) 534-7954.
Immaculate Heart Retreat Center, 6910 S. Ben Burr Road, will present its 10th annual Hope, Peace and Healing benefit Saturday at 10 a.m. and again at 1:30 p.m.
Bishop Blase Cupich and other speakers will share the story of the retreat’s mission and programs.
A light meal will be served.
The event is free, but reservations are required and donations will be accepted.
Information: (509) 448-1224.
Country Homes Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), 8415 N. Wall St., will welcome a new pastor, the Rev. Greg Skinner and his wife, Monica Diteman.
The installation service will be Sunday at 2 p.m. with a reception to follow.
The Rev. Sandy Messick will be the guest speaker.
Information: (509) 466-3414.
Our Lady of Lourdes Cathedral, 1115 W. Riverside Ave., will present an overview of its architectural restoration project today at 2 p.m.
The event will include a tour of the church.
Information: (509) 358-4290.
“The Kabbalah of You: A Guide to Unlocking Your Hidden Potential” starts Sunday at 10:30 a.m. at Chabad of Spokane, 4116 E. 37th Ave.
This six-session course will discuss what it means to be human and will offer recipes, tips and techniques to help you discover where your true meaning lies and make it part of your daily existence.
The course is $85. There will be a breakfast at 10 a.m. preceeding each class.
Information: (509) 443-0770.