Have an item for Business Beat? Send it to businessbeat @spokesman.com.
• ALSC Architects promoted Chad Schmidt and Indy Dehal to associates. Schmidt has been with the firm for five years and Dehal joined the firm in 2000.
• Sara Sexton-Johnson has been hired as district director of workforce, continuing education and corporate training for Community Colleges of Spokane. She previously served as interim executive director of e-learning and off-campus programs at Eastern Washington University where she also earned a bachelor’s degree in business administration and a master’s degree in communications.
• R. Keith Campbell received a Lasting Impression Award for 2012 from Primary Care Providers, Diabetes Nation and the Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons of Oregon. Campbell is a distinguished professor in diabetes care/pharmacotherapy for Washington State University’s College of Pharmacy.
• Kootenai Electric Cooperative has named Ed Cannon a project engineer. He has more than 20 years of electric industry experience and previously worked for the company as a contracted employee.
• Jeff McKee has been hired as vice president/commercial loan officer for State Bank Northwest. He has more than 10 years of banking industry experience.
• U.S. Bank presented Terry Neal with its Pinnacle Award for employee achievement. Neal serves as vice president of commercial real estate for the company in Spokane.
• Ken Oliphant has been hired by Numerica Credit Union as branch manager of the company’s U-City Branch in Spokane Valley. He has five years of financial industry experience and previously served as a branch manager for Bank of America in Spokane.
• Spokane Teachers Credit Union promoted Laura Enquist to director of branches. She has been with STCU for 18 years and previously served as branch manager of the credit union’s Main and U-District branches. STCU also promoted Lori Glover from assistant manager of the South Branch to Moran Prairie Branch manager, and Laura Lesser from manager of the Indian Trail Branch to Main Branch manager. Glover has been with STCU for 10 years and Lesser joined the credit union in 2000.
• Coeur d’Alene Public Library has been named Idaho Library of the Year by the Idaho Library Association.
• The Society of American Foresters presented G. Kirk David with a Presidential Field Forester Award. David has worked as a forestry professional for 37 years, including work with the Washington Department of Natural Resources, Idaho Department of Lands and the University of Idaho extension.
• Jason Piskel, Ryan Yahne and Nicholas Kovarik have formed the law firm Piskel Yahne Kovarik, PLLC. The firm specializes in serving clients with construction, real estate and other issues concerning commercial litigation. Location: Fidelity Building, 522 W. Riverside Ave., Suite 410, Spokane.
• Transitions promoted Edie Rice-Sauer from program director of the Women’s Hearth program to executive director.
• Junior Achievement received $8,500 from U.S. Bancorp Foundation for support of the organization’s programs.
• The National Animal Control Association presented Cheri Scandalis, of Liberty Lake, with its Diane Lane Memorial Award for her outstanding dedication and commitment to animal welfare. Scandalis has served as a volunteer with SCRAPS for six years.
• Jeff Crandall and David Green have been named new members of the Inland Northwest Community Foundation’s gift planning and marketing committee. Crandall is an attorney with Owens and Crandall PLLC and Green is managing member of David Green CPA PLLC.
• Spokane Youth Sports Association (SYSA) hired Chrissy Wohl as sport coordinator. She graduated from Western Washington University, where she also played collegiate soccer. SYSA also hired Terri Fortner as development director. Fortner has more than 25 years of gift planning and development experience and previously served as executive director of Providence Holy Family Foundation.
• Karl Wilkinson and Alex Biggs have joined Soleil Real Estate as agents. Wilkinson previously worked for ReMax Real Estate and Biggs was formerly with Windermere Real Estate.