Local news

Apartment fire deemed electrical

The Tuesday fire in a Logan neighborhood house converted to apartments was caused by an electrical problem, authorities say.

The blaze was sparked by wiring in the second floor wall, according to Assistant Fire Chief Brian Schaeffer. Overheating in the wiring ignited the sawdust insulation in the century-old building, he said, and the fire will be listed as accidental.

Fire damage was mostly in the home’s attic, but there was also damage to the second floor.



Click here to comment on this story »



Saving for the future

sponsored According to two 2015 surveys, 62 percent of Americans do not have enough savings to handle an unexpected emergency, much less any long-term plans.



Sections


Profile

Contact the Spokesman

Main switchboard:
(509) 459-5000
Customer service:
(800) 338-8801
Newsroom:
(509) 459-5400
(800) 789-0029
Back to Spokesman Mobile