Passed away at his home on Saturday, November 3, 2012 after a brief and very courageous battle with cancer. He was born on September 8, 1946 to Harold R. and Evelyn M. Vanwert and was a lifelong resident of Spokane.
After serving his country in the U.S. Army for three years, Pat joined the Spokane County Sheriff’s Office where he retired after 28 years of service. Some of his assignments were: Regional Drug Task Force, Patrol Sgt., Detective Sgt. and SWAT Team Commander. Pat was a lifelong athlete and took the SWAT team to climb Mt. Rainier, competed in two Iron Man triathelons and competed in several body building contests placing first or second.
Pat was preceded in death by his wife, Marilyn and children Bryan and Angie. He is survived by a daughter, Kasondra Vanwert; three sons, Patrick Vanwert, Jr., James Vanwert and Joseph Vanwert. Also surviving are his stepchildren, Lisa, Michelle, Sara, KC, Alicia and Keri and many grandchildren.
A celebration of Pat’s life will be held at Calvary Chapel of Spokane, 511 W. Hastings Rd., Spokane, WA on Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 11:00 AM.
In lieu of flowers please send any contributions to Hospice of Spokane, 121 S. Arthur St., Spokane, WA 99202 or Spokane Sheriff’s Chaplaincy, 1100 W. Mallon Ave., Spokane, WA 99260.
Community Cremation Service Spokane Valley
Spokane Valley, WA
Subscribe and login to the Spokesman-Review to read and comment on this story
Most read stories
- Front & Center: Small-scale campers with a down-to-earth vision …
- Nothing half-hearted about Coeur d’Alene half Ironman 70.3 …
- For HIV-positive community, CDC ruling means a new step in regaining lives …
- America appears ready to open the door for the ‘grain buffalo’ …
- Getting There: City eyes ordinance to strip parking requirements in some parts of town …