That’s NEWS to you
If you followed the news closely last week – or even if you didn’t – you could be a winner in our weekly quiz. After testing your news sense here, go to spokesman.com/ newsquiz to try our interactive version, where the top entries go into our weekly drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries this week go into drawings for movie tickets.
1. When the city of Spokane switched to “single-stream” recycling, what happened?
A. People recycled more items
B. People recycled fewer items
C. People recycled the same amount
D. People became so confused the city canceled the program
E. Can’t fool me. The city just made the change so it’s too soon to tell.
2. The Idaho Supreme Court ruled that what activity can resume at Farragut State Park?
A. Bird watching
E. Target shooting
3. Election results for Washington state became clear last week. Which of the following ballot measures did not pass?
A. Legalized marijuana
B. Charter schools
C. Same-sex marriage
D. Supermajorities for tax increases
E. Can’t fool me. They all passed.
4. Former police Officer Karl F. Thompson Jr. was sentenced last week for his role in the death of Otto Zehm. What sentence did he receive?
A. 51 days
B. 51 weeks
C. 51 months
D. 51 years
E. Can’t fool me. As a police officer, Thompson received probation.
5. Gonzaga University’s men’s basketball team has a 7-foot-1 center from what country?
Check your work
Find answers and last week’s winners on B3.