November 27, 2012 in City

Three adults, one child displaced by fire

From staff reports
 
Map of this story's location

A fire attributed to faulty wiring forced three adults and one child from their north Spokane home early this morning.

Firefighters responded to 2602 N. Hogan Street at 1:34 a.m. and saw smoke coming from the roof of a two-story home. Using thermal imaging cameras, they found fire in the attic of the second story apartment, a news release from Spokane Fire Department said. Firefighters opened up the roof and put the fire out.

Avista has disconnected the power to the second-story apartment until repairs can be made to the wiring.

No one was injured. The first-floor apartment was vacant.

The displaced residents are being assisted by the Red Cross.

Get stories like this in a free daily email


Please keep it civil. Don't post comments that are obscene, defamatory, threatening, off-topic, an infringement of copyright or an invasion of privacy. Read our forum standards and community guidelines.

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in here or click the comment box below for options.

comments powered by Disqus