Arrow-right Camera

Spokane

Three adults, one child displaced by fire

Tue., Nov. 27, 2012, 7:25 a.m.

A fire attributed to faulty wiring forced three adults and one child from their north Spokane home early this morning.

Firefighters responded to 2602 N. Hogan Street at 1:34 a.m. and saw smoke coming from the roof of a two-story home. Using thermal imaging cameras, they found fire in the attic of the second story apartment, a news release from Spokane Fire Department said. Firefighters opened up the roof and put the fire out.

Avista has disconnected the power to the second-story apartment until repairs can be made to the wiring.

No one was injured. The first-floor apartment was vacant.

The displaced residents are being assisted by the Red Cross.



There are four comments on this story »