That’s NEWS to you
If you’ve been following the news in The Spokesman-Review this week, you might do well on the newspaper version of this week’s quiz. After you’ve had a chance to warm up your news-sense, try our online, interactive version at www.spokesman.com/newsquiz.
Top entries go into a drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries go into a drawing for movie tickets.
1. The $106 million Sand Creek Byway is a two-mile shortcut around what city?
A. Coeur d’Alene
D. Post Falls
2. The fee for a driver’s license in Washington went up last Monday to what figure?
3. A 10-year-old Spokane boy wrote a book about football at what university?
A. Washington State
B. University of Washington
C. Notre Dame
D. University of Southern California
E. Ohio State
4. The first presidential debate took place Wednesday night in what city?
E. Los Angeles
5. Miguel Cabrera won Major League Baseball’s Triple Crown, which means he topped the list for home runs, batting average and what other stat?
A. On base percentage
B. Runs batted in
C. Stolen bases
E. Slugging percentage
For answers and last week’s winners, turn to page B7.