• Seth Doege, Texas Tech, passed for six TDs and a career-high 499 yards in the Red Raiders’ 49-14 upset of No. 5 West Virginia.
• Montee Ball, Wisconsin, ran for a career-high 247 yards and three TDs to help the Badgers beat Purdue 38-14. He is now is alone in third place in NCAA history with 72 career TDs.
• Eddie Lacy, Alabama, had a career-best 177 yards on 18 carries and three TDs in the top-ranked Crimson Tide’s 42-10 win over Missouri.
• Denard Robinson, Michigan, threw two TD passes, ran for two more scores and had 287 total yards to lead the No. 25 Wolverines in a 45-0 win over Illinois.
• EJ Manuel, Florida State, threw for a career-high 439 yards and four TDs as the 12th-ranked Seminoles rebounded from their first loss of the season with a 51-7 victory over Boston College.
• Collin Klein, Kansas State, ran for 105 yards and three TDs, and the sixth-ranked Wildcats held off Iowa State 27-21.
• Cody Vaz, Oregon State, passed for 332 yards and three TDs in his first start since high school to help the No. 10 Beavers beat Brigham Young 42-24.
4 – Kick returns for scores this season by Marcus Murphy, setting a Missouri single-season record. He returned a kickoff 98 yards for a TD in the second quarter against No. 1 Alabama.
18 – Plays of 15 yards or more by Texas Tech in its 49-14 upset of No. 5 West Virginia.
402 – Career points by Florida State kicker Dustin Hopkins, most in the Atlantic Coast Conference and fifth in NCAA history.
Kill’s seizures return
Minnesota football coach Jerry Kill’s seizure problems returned Saturday, hospitalizing the coach shortly after he gave his postgame press conference following a 21-13 loss to Northwestern.
Kill met with the media and answered questions for about 10 minutes after the game, looking healthy and strong. But moments after returning to the locker room, school officials said he had another seizure.
Team medical staff attended to him immediately, and an ambulance arrived at TCF Bank Stadium quickly after the seizure. Kill was taken to a hospital, where he was alert and resting comfortably, according to a news release issued by the school about two hours after the game.
It’s latest in a long line of problems with seizures for Kill. He suffered several of them last season in his first year at Minnesota, most notably on the sideline during a loss to New Mexico State in September.
Tennessee-Martin’s Derek Carr threw for seven touchdowns against Murray State. It wasn’t even the most in the game.
Putting on a spectacular offensive show, the Skyhawks outlasted Murray State 66-59 behind Carr’s 560 yards and seven scoring passes.
Murray State’s Casey Brockman topped Carr in TD passes, throwing for eight while while completing 45 of 67 passes for 537 yards. Carr completed 42 of 46 passes.
I know it’s only rock ’n’ roll, but I like it when politicians decide to use familiar tunes as a sound track to their events, which might mean different things ...
Our most recent story about prolific Washington State wide receiver Gabe Marks tells the story of a particularly insightful interview we had last spring. That story, "Gabe Marks is a ...
I'm facing another weekend of fence-building with my neighbor. Once we get the back fence built, I have one last honey-do item on the agenda and then it's kick back ...
S-R intern Tyson Bird brought cookies to work on his last day with us. It has been a pleasure to have him here. I first printed a column submission from ...
sponsored According to two 2015 surveys, 62 percent of Americans do not have enough savings to handle an unexpected emergency, much less any long-term plans.