That’s News to you answers
Here are the answers to this week’s newspaper edition of That’s News to You.
1. B. As shown in last Monday’s Then and Now photo feature, the building was originally a Montgomery Ward department store. The store closed in 1978. The city bought the building and moved into it in 1982.
2. E. The impact area had been approved for West Central, but the council voted to eliminate it after the neighborhood council said it was unfair to small stores that have to compete with large supermarkets, which can now sell liquor.
3. B. The Honor Point Military and Aerospace Museum is being proposed for Felts Field. It was once planned for land near Spokane International Airport and will include exhibits that were previously at the Fairchild museum.
4. C. Sprague was fired for sending religious-themed emails from his department account after being repeatedly told not to do so.
5. D. The Red Sox did not make the playoffs.
Now that you’ve warmed up your news sense, try our online interactive version of That’s News to You, where top entries go into a drawing for a $50 gift card from the Davenport Hotel, and all entries this week go into a drawing for four tickets to the EWU-Sacramento State football game.
Last week’s winners are Richard Farver, of Hayden Lake, who won the Davenport gift card, and Steve Goodmansen, of Post Falls, who won movie tickets.