If you followed the news last week – or even if you didn’t – you could be a winner in our weekly quiz. Test your news sense with the newspaper edition of That’s News to You. Then go to spokesman. com/newsquiz to try our online interactive edition, where the top entries go into a drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries this week go into a drawing for four tickets to the EWU-Sacramento State football game.
1. Spokane’s art deco City Hall was originally built in 1929 as:
A. A movie theater
B. A department store
C. An apartment building
D. An office building
E. Can’t fool me. It was built as the City Hall.
2. The City Council dropped plans to set up an alcohol impact area, where single sales of high-alcohol-content beer would be banned, in what Spokane neighborhood?
A. Browne’s Addition
B. East Central
E. West Central
3. A new museum dedicated to the military and aerospace is being planned for:
A. Fairchild Air Force Base
B. Felts Field
C. Riverfront Park
D. Spokane International Airport
E. University City Mall
4. The Spokane Valley Fire Department fired Capt. Jon Sprague for
A. Overspending his budget
B. Appearing in a political ad
C. Sending religious emails to other firefighters
D. Sleeping through a fire alarm
E. Being in an accident with a firetruck
5. The baseball playoffs were under way last week. Which team did not make the playoffs this year?
A. St. Louis Cardinals
B. Oakland Athletics
C. New York Yankees
D. Boston Red Sox
E. San Francisco Giants
Check your work
For answers and last week’s winners, see Page B6.