That’s News to you answers
Here are the answers to this week’s newspaper edition of That’s News to You:
1. A. Accordion players from all over the world were in Spokane last week for the competition.
2. C. The state has 295 school districts, with about 3,000 schools, which serve 500,000 meals each day, more than the McDonald’s restaurants in the state.
3. B. “Different Drummers,” a story about the friendship between a hyperactive boy and a boy who has muscular dystrophy and is in a wheelchair, is being filmed in Spokane.
4. E. Ysursa is taking Education Voters of Idaho to court in an attempt to force them to file campaign reports that would disclose the source of some $200,000 in contributions. Gay marriage and legalized marijuana measures are on the Washington ballot, not the Idaho ballot.
5. D. Leach banned his players from tweeting during the season after some vulgar messages from players were reported by WSU journalism students.
Try our online version and enter to win this week’s prizes at spokesman.com/newsquiz. Top entries go into a drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries go into a drawing for four tickets to the EWU-UC Davis football game on Nov. 10.
Last week’s winners are Ryan Burkey, of Cheney, who won the $50 gift card; Jim Eggers, of Mead, who won tickets to the EWU football game; and Garrett R., of Spokane, who won two tickets to the GU-Northwest Nazarene basketball game.