Have an item for Business Beat? Send it to businessbeat @spokesman.com.
• Doug Flewelling has been hired by Pioneer Waterproofing Inc. as a project manager for the Spokane/Inland Northwest region. He has four years of building repair industry experience and has extensive experience in product sales.
• KYRS-Thin Air Community Radio named Mike Corrigan local news director. He has co-hosted “Random Access,” an indie rock program on the station for nearly nine years. He has more than 15 years of journalism experience and worked for The Inlander for six years.
• James Krueger has been elected as a member of the Washington State Academy of Sciences. Krueger is a neuroscientist and regents professor for Washington State University’s Sleep and Performance Research Center and the WWAMI medical education program. He has been with the university since 1997.
• Heritage Home Loans of Spokane Valley hired Lisa Garcia as a senior loan officer. Garcia previously worked for Sterling Savings Bank’s Home Loan Division. The company also hired Stephanie Hall as a senior loan processor. Hall previously worked for Wells Fargo as a senior loan processor.
• Kyle Gilliam has been promoted by First Priority Financial to senior loan officer. He has been with the company for four years.
• First Priority Financial senior loan processor Christy Clauson has earned loan originator certification. She has worked as a loan processor for the past 14 years.
• David DePillo has been appointed vice chairman of Sterling Financial Corp. and Sterling Bank. He previously served as chief lending officer and has been with the company since 2010. He has more than 25 years experience in the banking, financial management and investment industries.
• Spokane Teachers Credit Union promoted Patrick Garrity from director of consumer lending to director of lending strategy. He has been with STCU for 19 years. The company also promoted David Flood from lending center manager to director of consumer lending. He has worked for the credit union for 12 years.
• Greg Swanson has been hired by STCU as director of commercial lending. He previously worked for Sterling Bank as vice president. He has more than 30 years of business and lending experience. He graduated from Washington State University and holds an organizational management certificate from Whitworth University.
• ReliantRx has hired James Hall as a registered pharmacist. He holds a doctorate in pharmacy from Creighton University and immunization certification from the American Pharmaceutical Association.
• Dr. Deb Harper and Garman Lutz have been named new members of the Inland Northwest Health Services board of directors. Dr. Harper is a part-time general pediatrician at Group Health and a clinical assistant dean for the University of Washington School of Medicine. Lutz, who has also been appointed secretary for the INHS board of directors, is chief financial officer of Cascade Windows and interim president for Spokane County United Way.
• Moloney O’Neill Corkery and Jones Benefits hired Shawn Sicilia. He holds a bachelor’s degree from the University of Washington and a master’s degree in business administration from Gonzaga University and previously served as a senior sales executive for Premera Blue Cross.
• Kristi Green has been hired by Greenstone Homes as a sales manager for Rocky Hill. The company also promoted Katherine Morgan to director of marketing for the Greenstone Corp.