Here are the answers to this week’s newspaper edition of That’s News to You.
1. A. Benewah County’s jail is in the 1924 county courthouse and has had a series of escapes as inmates were able to loosen bricks because of crumbling mortar.
2. E. Providence announced last week it will build a medical campus in the Spokane Valley east of Sullivan Road near Interstate 90.
3. D. Auto sales are up, but the movie industry had a disappointing summer, with revenue down 3 percent and attendance at least at a 20-year low.
4. C. In 1965, the field was named – renamed, technically – for Mae McEuen, a former parks and recreation commissioner and longtime youth sports advocate.
5. E. The two teams last played in 1908, when WSU won 73-0.
On the Web: Now try our online version of That’s News to You at spokesman.com/ newsquiz. Top entries for that quiz go into a drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries this week go into a drawing for free movie tickets.
Last week’s winners are Mary Terhaar, of Spokane, who won the Davenport gift card, and Elizabeth Cofer, of Pullman, who won four tickets to the WSU football game against Colorado on Sept. 22.
Click here to comment on this story »