Here’s a chance to see how much you remember from last week’s news with our weekly quiz. After you’ve warmed up your memory, try our online, interactive version at spokesman.com/ newsquiz. Top entries go into a drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries this week go into a drawing for free movie tickets.
1. Which North Idaho county has had a problem with escapes from its 88-year-old jail?
2. Providence Health Care is planning a $58 million expansion in:
A. Coeur d’Alene
E. Spokane Valley
3. In U.S. economic news last week:
A. Auto sales and ticket sales for movies were both up
B. Auto sales and ticket sales for movies were both down
C. Auto sales were down, but ticket sales for movies were up
D. Auto sales were up, but ticket sales for movies were down
E. Can’t fool me. None of those is right.
4. Coeur d’Alene is in the middle of a $14.2 million makeover of McEuen Field. For whom is the field named?
A. A former mayor
B. A former U.S. representative
C. A former parks and recreation commissioner
D. A former senator
E. A former governor
5. Washington State University played Eastern Washington University in football this weekend for the first time since:
Check your work
For answers and last week’s winners, turn to page B7.
Click here to comment on this story »