Kayla McGlathery and Miranda Miller had six kills apiece and Megan Ramseyer had five aces as the Coeur d’Alene volleyball team notched its first Inland Empire League win this season with a sweep of Post Falls on Tuesday night in Coeur d’Alene.
Amy Norris added seven digs for the Vikings (1-2 IEL).
The Trojans (0-2) were led by Sydney Wiggins’ 10 kills and Savanah Hill’s nine digs and three aces.
• Emilee Schlader had 13 kills and 23 digs as the Lewiston Bengals fought back to beat the Lake City Timberwolves 26-24, 18-25, 25-14, 28-26 in Lewiston.
The Bengals (3-0) trailed 24-21 in the first set and 22-18 in the fourth set and came back to win both. Brett Hastings also had 13 kills for Lewiston.
Lake City (1-1) was led by Kylie Curtis, who had 21 kills and 13 digs. Brittany Gay added 18 assists and 12 digs for LC.
IEL 4A: Hannah Numann had nine kills and Kennedy Search dished out 29 assists to lead Sandpoint (2-0) to a 25-12, 25-12, 27-25 win at Moscow (0-1).
Great Northern League: Ashley Seiler led the way with nine kills and four aces as the Cheney Blackhawks (1-0) beat the host Deer Park Stags 25-18, 25-18, 25-19. Seiler added five digs and two blocks. Deer Park (0-1) was led by Jemma Lakewolf’s seven kills and Angie Reardon’s 13 digs.
• Elisha Allred had 11 kills and two aces to lead the East Valley Knights (1-0) past the Clarkston Bantams (0-1) 25-20, 25-14, 25-13 in Clarkston.
• Shayla Robinson had seven kills and Jolene Herzog added 16 assists and six aces as the Pullman Greyhounds (1-0) beat the West Valley Eagles 25-11, 27-25, 25-23 at West Valley. Jerrilyn Pritchard and Cassie Finn combined for 19 kills to lead West Valley (0-1).
Inland Empire League: The Lakeland Hawks (2-1, 1-0) scored two second-half goals and edged the host Sandpoint Bulldogs (4-3, 0-1) 2-1 in a league opener.
Sandpoint lost despite having an 18-9 advantage in shots.
Great Northern League: Brooke Morrow’s goal in the 82nd minute gave the Clarkston Bantams (1-0, 1-0) a 2-1 overtime win over the visiting East Valley Knights (1-3, 0-1).
Morrow scored Clarkston’s other goal in the 47th minute.
Madison Meade opened the scoring for East Valley with an unassisted goal in the 36th minute.
• An own goal in the 60th minute gave the Pullman Greyhounds (2-1, 1-0) a 1-0 win over the host West Valley Eagles (1-3, 0-1) in a league opener. The lone goal was scored when a corner kick bounced off a West Valley defender and into the net.
• Sierra Dixon scored twice to guide the Cheney Blackhawks (2-2, 1-0) past the host Deer Park Stags (1-1, 0-1) 6-2. Dixon scored off an assist from Kendyl Brown in the 20th minute and scored an unassisted goal in the 51st minute.
Cheney scored three second-half goals to put the match away.
Ashtin Martinson and Sierra Lewis scored first-half goals for Deer Park.
Intermountain League: Liz Racer scored twice and Ivy Dirks had a goal and an assist as Bonners Ferry (4-2, 4-0) topped host Timberlake (5-3, 4-2) 3-1 in Spirit Lake.
Do you have sweet summer memories of stalking worms after dark? You know, harvesting bait. You would soak the lawn to coax the night crawlers up. You would grab a ...
RIVERS-- The third phase of the World Jet Boat Races originally scheduled for Friday, May 27, on the Grande Ronde River has been changed to run the Snake River near ...
A protester is removed during a speech by Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump at a campaign event in Albuquerque, N.M. In AP’s delegate count, Trump surpassed the number needed to ...
Former Spokane Mayor Dennis Hession has resigned from the law firm Kutak Rock, but will continue his work on the investigation examining the controversy surrounding the September firing of former ...