Have an item for Business Beat? Send it to businessbeat@ spokesman.com.
• Sound Telecom presented call center employee Michelle Carson with its Infinity Award for excellence in customer service. Carson works as a call center agent for the company’s Spokane office.
• Jason Cook has been hired as assistant estimator/project manager for Burke Construction Group’s Pacific Northwest Region office in Cheney. He is a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Accredited Professional and holds a business degree in construction management from Colorado State University.
• North Idaho College named Lita Burnsvice president of instruction. She previously served as dean of NIC’s Health Professions and Nursing department and has been with the college since 2001.
• Monica McLean has been hired as human resources administrator for Kootenai Electric Cooperative. She previously worked as a human resources generalist for Gritman Medical Center in Moscow, Idaho. She holds Professional Human Resources and Certified Benefits Professional certifications, as well as a bachelor’s degree in human resources from the University of Idaho.
• Banner Bank promoted Tasha Feagan to assistant vice president/branch manager of the company’s Third and Stevens branch. Feagan has been with Banner Bank since 2007.
• Matt Weed has earned the Certified Portfolio Manager designation from Columbia University. Weed is a research administrator for Pinkerton Retirement Specialists, LLC in Coeur d’Alene.
• Spokane Teachers Credit Union hired Jeff Verble as commercial lending manager. Verble has 29 years of banking industry experience and holds a bachelor’s degree in industrial technology from Eastern Washington University.
• Jessie Chastain has been promoted from a real estate loan officer to a home loan relationship development officer for Spokane Teachers Credit Union. She has been with the company for five years. STCU also promoted Terri Mills from business services manager to small-business manager. Mills has been with the credit union since 2007.
• National Vision’s America’s Best Contacts and Eyeglasses in North Spokane hired Laura Renz as general manager. Renz is a licensed dispensing optician and holds Opticianry (ABO) and National Contact Lens Examiners (NCLE) certifications. She has 22 years of optical experience and previously worked for JC Penney Optical since 2002.
• The following individuals have been appointed as new members of St. Luke’s Rehabilitation Institute’s Community Advisory Board: Allen Battle of LaunchPad Inland Northwest, LLC; John Bumgarner of Washington Trust Bank; Dr. George Rice, retired physician; and Tracy Van Orden of Avista Corp.
• Scott Peterson has earned an Accredited Adviser of Insurance Designation by completing coursework sponsored by Liberty Northwest Insurance. Peterson works for Harris/Dean Western States Insurance in Coeur d’Alene.
• Klündt | Hosmer promoted Ashley Martin to account director. She has been with the firm for seven years.
• Jim Munro has earned NxLevel instructor/facilitator certification from NxLevel’s “Train the Trainer” program. Munro is a business coach with ActionCOACH Business Coaching in Spokane Valley.
• The following individuals have been elected as new members to the Inland Northwest Planned Giving Council’s board of directors: Kjirstin Graham of K&L Gates; Tony Higley of Community Colleges of Spokane; Bobbie League of Spokane Guilds’ School and Neuromuscular Center; and Kerry Wiltzius of Spokane Humane Society.
• Andrew Robideaux has been named director of development for the Diocese of Spokane. He has owned and operated Robideaux Inc. public relations/advertising firm for six years. He has 16 years of advertising industry experience and holds a bachelor’s degree in organizational leadership from Gonzaga University.