Here are the answers for this week’s That’s News to You quiz.
1. D. They came for the fifth annual SpokeFest, which encourages people to bike for fun and commuting.
2. A. The Worthys announced plans to build a new hotel across from the Convention Center, an idea that has been discussed on and off for decades but has never gotten this far.
3. D. The newest iPhone is the iPhone 5.
4. E. Skeletal remains found beneath a parking lot, which had once been the site of a monastery, are thought to be those of Richard III because of certain deformities in the spine. He’s probably best known because of one of Shakespeare’s plays.
5. B. Eastin was the first woman to referee an NFL game, which was between the St. Louis Rams and the Detroit Lions. She’s among the replacement officials hired because the regular officials are locked out by the owners.
Now that you’ve warmed up your news sense, try our online version of That’s News to You at spokesman.com/newsquiz, and you could win a prize. Top entries go into a drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries this week go into a drawing for free movie tickets.
Last week’s winners are Larry Medin, of Spokane, who won the Davenport gift card, and Scott Wiro, of Spokane, who won AMC movie tickets.
sponsored According to two 2015 surveys, 62 percent of Americans do not have enough savings to handle an unexpected emergency, much less any long-term plans.