That’s NEWS to you
If you followed the news last week, you might do well on our weekly quiz. Test out your news sense with our newspaper edition, then try our online version at spokesman. com/newsquiz, where top entries have a chance at a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries this week have a chance at free movie tickets.
1. About 2,000 people bicycled in and around Spokane last weekend for an event called
E. Tour de Spokane
2. Walt and Karen Worthy announced plans to build a 700-room hotel connected to
A. The Spokane Convention Center
B. The Davenport Hotel
C. The Coeur d’Alene Resort
D. The proposed Spokane Tribe casino
E. Can’t fool me. The region can’t support another 700 hotel rooms.
3. The new Apple mobile phone unveiled last week is called
A. iPhone 2
B. iPhone 3
C. iPhone 4
D. iPhone 5
E. iPhone SJ
4. The remains of which British king may have been located beneath a parking lot in central England?
B. Richard the Lionheart
C. William the Conqueror
D. Henry V
E. Richard III
5. Shannon Eastin made sports history last week by
A. Being the first woman to coach a Division III college football team
B. Being the first woman to referee a regular-season NFL game
C. Being the first woman to win a NASCAR race
D. Being the first woman hired to coach a AA minor league baseball team
E. Can’t fool me. Shannon Eastin is a pop star who sang “Morning Train.”
Check your work
For answers and last week’s winners, turn to page B7.