That’s News to you answers
Here are the answers for this week’s That’s News to You quiz.
1. C. Goodson, who transferred after his junior season at Gonzaga for two seasons of football eligibility, made seven tackles and had a pass deflection in Baylor’s season opener.
2. D. American children eat as much salt as adults, the agency said. High sodium consumption is linked with higher blood pressure.
3. B. Both retailers say they’re stopping sales of Amazon’s Kindle Fire tablet and Kindle e-readers.
4. C. The Spokane Regional Clean Air Agency issued a Stage 1 Impaired Air Quality notice Thursday because of smoke drifting into the region from several big wildfires on the eastern slopes of the Cascades.
5. A. Pend Oreille County, in Washington’s northeast corner, will get super-fast Internet through the Pend Oreille Public Utility District. The service will be available to about 5,000 homes and businesses and will rival the Google Fiber system being installed in the Kansas City area, capable of downloading a movie in seconds.
Now that you’ve warmed up your news sense, try our online version of That’s News to You at spokesman.com/newsquiz, and you could win a prize. Top entries go into a drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries this week go into a drawing for free movie tickets.
Last week’s winners are Kandee Sabo, of Spokane, who won the $50 gift card, and Sid Frederickson, of Coeur d’Alene, who won Regal Theatres movie tickets.