If you followed the news last week, you might do well on our weekly quiz. Test out your news sense with our newspaper edition, then try our online version at spokesman.com/ newsquiz, where top entries have a chance at a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries this week have a chance at free movie tickets.
1. Former Gonzaga basketball player Demetri Goodson transferred to Baylor to play football. What position does he play for the Bears?
B. Tight end
D. Wide receiver
2. The federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said American children consume too much of what?
A. Soda pop
3. Two of America’s largest retail chains – Wal-Mart and Target – are phasing out sales of a popular electronic gadget because they’re tired of shoppers looking at the product in their stores, then going online to buy it, a practice called “showrooming.” What’s the gadget?
C. Samsung Galaxy
4. A public health threat was reported locally this week. What was it?
A. Whooping cough
C. Bad air quality
D. Legionnaires disease
5. Lightning-fast Internet service – with speeds up to 1 gigabit per second – is coming to which Washington county?
A. Pend Oreille County
B. Pacific County
C. King County
D. Thurston County
Check your work
For answers and last week’s winners, turn to page B9.