Have an item for Business Beat? Send it to businessbeat @spokesman.com.
• NAC Architecture’s Spokane office has hired Annette Chandler as an accounts payable specialist. She holds an associate’s degree in accounting from Spokane Falls Community College and has 18 years of accounting experience.
• Scott LaVielle has been re-designated by the Commission of Professional Credentialing as a Chief Emergency Medical Services Officer. LaVielle currently serves as chief of the Pullman Fire Department.
• Spokane Eye Clinic has hired Kandon Kamae, M.D. as an ophthalmologist. Dr. Kamae holds undergraduate and medical degrees from the University of Hawaii, and completed his residency, and ophthalmic pathology and glaucoma fellowships at John Moran Eye Center in Salt Lake City.
• Andrew Cheek, M.D. has also joined Spokane Eye Clinic. Dr. Cheek is a retina specialist and graduate of Walla Walla University and Loma Linda University School of Medicine. He completed an ophthalmology residency at the University of Maryland Medical Center and completed a vitreo-retinal fellowship at the West Virginia Eye Institute at West Virginia University.
• Shriners Hospitals for Children – Spokane promoted Trina Olson to a physician relations liaison.
• Don Christenson has been certified in the Michelangelo Myoelectric Hand by Ottobock Health Care. Christenson works for Hanger Prosthetics and Orthotics as a Licensed, Certified, Prosthetic Orthotist.
• Community Health Association of Spokane (CHAS) appointed Dr. William Lockwood medical director. He has been with the organization since 2010.
• Lonni Williams has been hired by the Allstate office of Steve Halliday in Hayden to manage new business development. Williams has 15 years of insurance industry experience. Kathy Bush has also merged with the office and will serve as sales manager. Bush has worked as an Allstate agent for the past 15 years. Williams and Bush can be contacted at (208) 772-9535 or at 8880 Hess St. in Hayden, Idaho.
• The Cleaning Authority of Spokane owner Mark Silver and his 28-member staff received a Helping Hands Award from the national company for providing outstanding community service, including home cleaning services for cancer patients through the Cleaning For A Reason program.
• Greater Spokane Incorporated has hired Keri Gardner as internship development manager. She is a graduate of Western Washington University and previously worked for Eastern Washington University’s Student Employment Office managing state and federal work study programs. The organization also hired Jeremy Marinos as economic development coordinator. He previously worked for the Institute for Public Policy at Eastern Washington University where also he earned a degree in economics.
• Raelene Vogelsang has been hired as development director for Christ Clinic/Christ Kitchen. She previously served as director of gift planning and development at Northwest Christian Schools for the past 12 years. She holds a bachelor’s degree in business administration from California State Polytechnic University.
• Skils’Kin promoted Chris Cale from quality assurance technician to dining services operations manager at Fairchild Air Force Base. He joined the company last year. The organization also hired Katie McCall as Community Living Services Program manager. She holds a bachelor’s degree from Lewis-Clark State College, a master’s degree in social work from Boise State University, Licensed Master of Social Work certification for the State of Idaho, and has 12 years of related experience.
• Cate Moye has been reappointed by Gov. Chris Gregoire to the Washington State Real Estate Commission for a second six-year term. Moye is owner and designated broker of Windermere Real Estate/Valley Inc.
• Motion Auto Supply/Federated Auto Parts has opened a new store in Post Falls, located at 206 E. Seltice Way. The company specializes in selling a variety of manufactured auto parts, equipment, accessories and supplies.