• Geno Smith, West Virginia, tied a Big 12 record with eight TD passes and threw for 656 yards to lead the No. 9 Mountaineers to a 70-63 win over No. 25 Baylor.
• Nick Florence, Baylor, broke Heisman Trophy-winning predecessor Robert Griffin III’s school record with 581 yards passing and threw for five TDs in the Bears’ 70-63 loss to West Virginia.
• Terrance Williams, Baylor, set a Big 12 record with 314 yards receiving and scored two TDs on 17 catches.
• Stedman Bailey, West Virginia, had 303 yards and a school-record five TDs on 13 catches.
• Stephen Morris, Miami, threw for a school- and Atlantic Coast Conference-record 566 yards and five TDs to help the Hurricanes beat North Carolina State 44-37.
• Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M, threw for a school-record 453 yards and three TDs, and ran for another score to lead a 58-10 win over Arkansas, the Aggies’ first Southeastern Conference victories.
• Mike Glennon, North Carolina State, threw for 440 yards and four TDs in a 44-37 loss to Miami.
• Tajh Boyd, Clemson, threw for 367 yards and three TDs and ran for another score as the No. 17 Tigers beat Boston College 45-31.
• Kain Colter, Northwestern, ran for 161 yards and four TDs in a 44-29 victory over Indiana.
• Todd Gurley, Georgia, ran for 130 yards and three TDs as the No. 5 Bulldogs beat Tennessee 51-44 in the highest-scoring game ever between the SEC rivals.
• David Ash, Texas, threw for 304 yards and three TDs to Jaxon Shipley to lift the No. 12 Longhorns to a 41-36 win over Oklahoma State.
• Seth Doege, Texas Tech, threw for 331 yards and three TDs to help the Red Raiders beat Iowa State 24-13.
• Cody Getz, Air Force, ran for 222 yards and became the first player in school history to open a season with four straight 100-yard games to lead the Falcons to a 42-21 win over in-state rival Colorado State.
• Munchie Legaux, Cincinnati, threw for a career-high 376 yards and three TDs, including a 13-yarder to Damon Julian with 13 seconds left to help the Bearcats beat Virginia Tech 27-24.
• Taylor Heinicke, Old Dominion, threw for 360 yards and two TDs, and rushed for another in a 45-37 win over Richmond, a week after setting the NCAA’s Division I passing mark with 730 yards.
• Benny Cunningham, Middle Tennessee State, rushed for 217 yards and five TDs in a 49-28 win over Georgia Tech.
15 – Years since Arizona State won in Berkeley before beating Cal 27-17.
46 – Years since Alabama A&M started a season 5-0.
66 – Points by North Carolina in its shutout victory over Idaho to set a school record.
240 – Points allowed by Savannah State in four games this season.
704 – Yards of total offense by Northwestern in a 44-29 victory over Indiana, setting a school record.
Click here to comment on this story »