That’s News to you answers
Here are the answers for this week’s That’s News to You quiz.
1. A. The difference in life expectancy between the two neighborhoods is 17.86 years, with Southgate residents expected to live 84.03 years, while residents of downtown (called Riverside in the study) have an average life expectancy of 66.17 years.
2. B. The referee, Lance Easley, is a vice president for small business at Bank of America in California, according to financial website the Motley Fool.
3. D. The flies land on the backs of honeybees and inject eggs into a bee’s abdomen. The eggs hatch into maggots, which consume their host. Adult flies emerge in several weeks.
4. D. A medical museum in Chicago obtained funding to scan and digitize nearly 350 fragile slides made from slices of Einstein’s brain after his death in 1955. The $9.99 app will allow researchers and novices to peer into the eccentric Nobel winner’s brain.
5. A. Fish and Wildlife marksmen shot six wolves from the Wedge pack – located in the “wedge” between the Columbia and Kettle rivers in northern Stevens County.
Last week’s winners are Mary Lou McCallum, of Spokane Valley, who won the $50 gift card, and Tim Lafser, of Post Falls, who won Regal Theatres movie tickets.