April 7, 2013 in City

Firefighters douse northeast Spokane fire tied to wiring

 
Map of this story's location

Spokane firefighters spent two hours Sunday morning dousing a fire that started in an unoccupied residence in northeast Spokane.

Fire units responded around 10:15 a.m. to reports of smoke coming from gables at a home at 2204 E. Heroy.

Firefighters used infrared cameras to identify the source of the fire in a ceiling of an upstairs bathroom. Teams began pouring water on the fire and determined that no one was in the building at the time.

No firefighter injuries were reported and damage was estimated at $20,000. A preliminary investigation listed the cause as an electrical malfunction in wiring.

The four-person family who lived in the residence are staying with other family members until repairs are completed.


Thoughts and opinions on this story? Click here to comment >>

Get stories like this in a free daily email