The Washington Fish and Wildlife Commission has adopted dozens of new fishing rules that take effect May 1. Those affecting local anglers will:
• Open most resident trout streams to fishing on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend.
• Allow use of two poles on more waters.
• Extend main Snake River trout harvest from June 16 through March 31, allowing anglers to take more juvenile residualized steelhead.
• Prohibit use of internal combustion motors on Grand Ronde River from mouth upstream to Oregon border Sept. 1-March 15.
• Prohibit internal combustion motors on Yocum Lake.
• Close fishing in the Methow River from County Rd 1535 (lower Burma Rd) Bridge to Gold Creek from first Saturday in June through Sept. 15 to protect steelhead.
Click here to comment on this story »