Anglers beware: New rules start May 1
The Washington Fish and Wildlife Commission has adopted dozens of new fishing rules that take effect May 1. Those affecting local anglers will:
• Open most resident trout streams to fishing on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend.
• Allow use of two poles on more waters.
• Extend main Snake River trout harvest from June 16 through March 31, allowing anglers to take more juvenile residualized steelhead.
• Prohibit use of internal combustion motors on Grand Ronde River from mouth upstream to Oregon border Sept. 1-March 15.
• Prohibit internal combustion motors on Yocum Lake.
• Close fishing in the Methow River from County Rd 1535 (lower Burma Rd) Bridge to Gold Creek from first Saturday in June through Sept. 15 to protect steelhead.