That’s NEWS to You quiz
If you kept up with the news last week – or even if you didn’t – you could be a winner in our weekly new quiz. Test yoru memory with our newpaper version, then go online to spokesman.com/ newsquiz to take the itneractive quiz. Top entries in the online quiz go into a weekly drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries this week go into a drawing for two movie tickets.
1. A Mosquito Device produces a high-frequency sound on some downtown Spokane streets and is designed to annoy whom?
A. Young people
2. What originally gave red velvet cake a rich red color?
A. Red food coloring
B. Pureed beets
C. Chemical reaction
D. Cranberry juice
3. A new section of the Centennial Trail is planned for what urban area of Spokane?
A. Riverfront Park
B. Kendall Yards
C. Northwest neighborhood
D. T.J. Meenach Drive
4. Which state has the lowest living wage for single adults, according to 2012 data reported by the Alliance for Justice?
5. The Seattle Mariners won their home opener this week 3-0. What made this game different for the M’s?
A. The dimensions on the field have changed.
B. A giant video screen made its debut.
C. They won the home opener, which hasn’t happened in three years.
D. Can’t fool me. All of these are true.
Check your work
Find the answers, explanations and last week’s winners on Page B3.