Get stories like this in a free daily email
Fred Lambert, a horse trainer’s son from Deer Park, rode horses at Playfair Race Course for three decades, starting in 1950.
Photo archive photo
The entrance to Playfair Race Course is seen in 1935, when the track opened for a 16-day season starting in late August.
Standing by the bust of Turbulator, Ross Yearout, who served as Playfair’s general manager for its final season, believes horse racing became a victim of “the new way.”