That’s NEWS to You quiz
If you kept up with the news last week – or even if you didn’t – you could be a winner in our weekly news quiz. Test your memory with our newspaper version, then go online to spokesman.com/ newsquiz to take the interactive quiz. Top entries in the online quiz go into a weekly drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries this week go into a drawing for two movie tickets.
1. What outdoor attraction could be finished by 2014 in downtown Spokane?
A. A food truck lot with an urban park space near Washington and Sprague.
B. A metal, garbage-eating marmot in Riverfront Park.
C. A gateway to Avista’s park land overlooking the Spokane River.
D. A bridge connecting Peaceful Valley with Kendall Yards.
2. How did coach Mike Leach say he feels about the WSU football team during spring practice?
A. He’s bracing for the worst.
B. Fans shouldn’t get their hopes up.
C. He’s pleased with improvement in every position.
D. He gave no comment to reporters.
3. With what was Spokane police Officer Timothy Moses charged in Spokane Municipal Court?
A. Making a false statement to a public servant.
B. Malicious mischief.
C. Drunken driving.
D. Not paying his parking tickets.
4. What ordinance is a Coeur d’Alene city councilman drafting for a council vote next month?
A. To ban parallel parking within city limits.
B. To require fluoride in the city’s water supply.
C. To ban discrimination based on sexual orientation.
D. To allow open containers of alcohol on the City Beach.
5. What do authorities believe led to a shooting at a Browne’s Addition apartment building last week?
A. An affair between a construction worker and the shooter’s girlfriend.
B. A fight over a missing glove.
C. A drug deal gone bad.
D. Self-defense in an attempted sexual assault.
Check your work
Find the answers, explanations and last week’s winners on page B3.