Here are the answers to this week’s That’s News to You quiz:
1. B. Although 19 states allow some form of medical marijuana, only Washington and Colorado have legalized recreational marijuana.
2. C. Julyamsh, billed as the largest powwow in the Northwest, is hosted by the Coeur d’Alene Tribe.
3. D. The VA discovered some veterans were working in a scheme with a couple of clerks and putting in for long travel distances even though they lived in Seattle. When they were caught, word got out and others who apparently were making the same false claims stopped.
4. B. SUP stands for Stand Up Paddleboard. The yoga classes are conducted on paddleboards on the lakes.
5. A. The U.S. has won the Gold Cup five times, but not since 2007.
Now that you’ve had a chance to warm up your news memory, try your hand at the online version of That’s News to You at spokesman.com/newsquiz. Top entries from the online quiz are entered in a weekly drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries this week go into a drawing for movie tickets.
To give our newspaper readers a leg up, some of the questions in the newspaper version also appear online.
Last week’s winners: Greg Brousseau, of Spokane, won the Davenport gift card, and Tina Ropp, of Spokane, won the movie tickets.