If you followed the news last week – and even if you didn’t – you could be a winner in our weekly news quiz.
Try your hand at the newspaper edition, then go online to www.spokesman. com/newsquiz for our interactive quiz, where top entries go into a weekly drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel and all entries this week go into a drawing for two sets of tickets for a Spokane Indians game.
1. The Diamond Cup is returning to North Idaho over Labor Day weekend. What kind of races does it involve?
A. Quarter horses
E. Can’t fool me. The Diamond Cup is a rodeo.
2. West Nile virus was detected at Fairchild Air Force Base. How is West Nile normally spread?
A. Through blood transfusions
B. By mosquitoes
C. By chickens
D. By crows
E. By barge through Egypt
3. Native American tribes are still seeking to rebury one of the oldest and most intact skeletons of a human found in North America, which was discovered on the banks of the Columbia River. What’s the skeleton called?
A. Columbia Man
B. Kennewick Man
C. Pasco Man
D. Richland Man
E. Walla Walla Man
4. Dawn of the Donut, a new shop in North Spokane, has an unusual theme. What is it?
A. Colonial America
5. What former Mariner was given a record suspension last week?
A. Ken Griffey Jr.
B. Ichiro Suzuki
C. Chone Figgins
D. Alex Rodriguez
E. Raul Ibanez
Check your work
Find answers and last week’s winners on Page B3.