That’s News to You answers
Here are the answers for this week’s newspaper edition of That’s News to You:
1. D. Outside magazine lists Spokane as one of the best places to live in terms of outdoor access, affordability and culture.
2. C. Administrators are seeking approval from the Faculty Senate to schedule more classes on Friday morning, because a 2007 study showed students are more likely to indulge in binge drinking on Thursday night if they don’t have classes on Friday.
3. A. It operates UGM Motors, a used car lot and service center on East Sprague Avenue.
4. B. It’s a newly discovered mammal species, described as a mini-raccoon with a teddy bear face, about 14 inches long, weighing about 2 pounds. Olinguitos are found in Ecuador and Colombia, although the U.S. National Zoo had one for years and didn’t know it.
5. C. Keefe is a fan of Gaedel, a 3-foot-7 performer who was recruited by Bill Veeck for the St. Louis Browns and batted once in 1951. He walked on four pitches, giving him a lifetime 1.000 on-base percentage.
On the Web: Now that you’ve warmed up your news sense, why not try the online version of the quiz at www.spokesman. com/newsquiz? Top entries in the quiz go into a weekly drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries this week go into a drawing for movie tickets. To give our newspaper readers a slight edge, several of these questions also appear in the online version.
Last week’s winners are John Owen, of Spokane, who won the $50 gift card; Shawna Manion and Tina Ropp, both of Spokane, who each won four tickets to the North Idaho Fair; Sharon Hamilton, of Veradale, who won three tickets to a Spokane Indians game; and Richard O’Brien, of Spokane, who won two tickets to an Indians game.