Here are the answers to this week’s newspaper edition of That’s News to You.
1. C. The mosaic designed by the GU art director in the 1960s showed scenes from the early days of Gonzaga. The university is looking for a new home for the work because the COG is being torn down.
2. D. Participants in the Heels for Healing race, a benefit for the Women’s Healing and Empowerment Network, wore high heels.
3. C. The city used $1.1 million from the reserve to help implement the Use of Force Commission recommendations.
4. B. The unemployment rate for July was 6.8 percent in the state, down from 7 percent, but 8.1 percent in Spokane County, up from 7.9 percent in June.
5. A. The Associated Press picked Alabama, which ended last season as No. 1, to repeat this year.
On the Web: Now that you’ve warmed up your news sense, why not try your hand at our online version of the quiz at www.spokesman.com/newsquiz? Top entries go into a weekly drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries this week go into a drawing for movie tickets. To give our newspaper readers a boost, some of the questions in the newspaper quiz also appear online.
This week’s winners are William Dittman, of Spokane, who won the Davenport gift card, and Edwin Johnson, of Cusick, who won movie tickets.