Arrow-right Camera

Spokane

South Hill home damaged in fire

A fire most likely caused by smoking resulted in about $20,000 worth of damage to a South Hill home early this morning.

No one was injured.

The Spokane Fire Department responded at 5:28 a.m. to the two-story single-family home at1422 W. 14th Ave. Firefighters learned that the only resident of the home was safe at a neighbor’s house. Firefighters knocked down the fire within 20 minutes, restricting damage to a bedroom on the second floor, a news release from Spokane Fire Department said.

Preliminary information indicates the fire was accidental and caused by “smoking materials,” the release said.



Click here to comment on this story »