Ohio State edges Michigan after missed conversion
Tyvis Powell intercepted Devin Gardner’s pass as Michigan (7-5, 3-5 Big Ten) went for a go-ahead two-point conversion with 32 seconds left and No. 3 Ohio State (12-0, 8-0) held on for a 42-41 victory Saturday in Ann Arbor, Mich., in one the most thrilling games in the history of the storied Big Ten rivalry.
Devin Gardner threw a 2-yard TD pass to Devin Funchess to make it 42-41, but instead of kicking for the tie, Wolverines coach Brady Hoke went for the lead with his offense.
Gardner tried to zip a pass into traffic near the goal line, but Powell came up with it. Buckeyes cornerback Roby Bradley recovered the onside kick to seal Ohio State’s 24th consecutive victory, keeping its national championship hopes alive.
(2) Florida State 37, Florida 7: Jameis Winston threw three TD passes to Kelvin Benjamin, and the Seminoles moved a step closer to playing for the national championship with a victory over the Gators (4-8) in Gainesville, Fla.
The Seminoles improved to 12-0 for the first time since 1999 and likely will earn a spot in the Bowl Championship Series title game by beating Duke in the Atlantic Coast Conference championship game on Saturday.
Florida, meanwhile, ended its worst season since 1979.
(5) Missouri 28, (19) Texas A&M 21: Henry Josey broke loose for the go-ahead score on a 57-yard run with 3:34 to go and the Tigers (11-1, 7-1 SEC) wrapped up the SEC East by beating the Aggies (8-4, 4-4) in Columbia, Mo.
Missouri will play Auburn for the SEC championship.
(10) South Carolina 31, (6) Clemson 17: Connor Shaw threw for one TD and ran for another as the Gamecocks (10-2) beat the Tigers (10-2) in Columbia, S.C., for a record fifth straight time.
(9) Baylor 41, TCU 38: Bryce Petty threw for two TDs and ran for another, Baylor returned two interceptions for scores and the Bears (10-1, 7-1 Big 12) hung on to edge the Horned Frogs (4-8, 2-7) in Fort Worth, Texas.
Baylor could win the league outright and qualify for a BCS bid, likely the Fiesta Bowl, if it beats Texas and the Cowboys lose to Oklahoma on Saturday.
(11) Michigan State 14, Minnesota 3: Jeremy Langford ran for 134 yards and a TD and the Spartans (11-1, 8-0 Big Ten) shut down the Golden Gophers (8-4, 4-4) in East Lansing, Mich.
Penn State 31, (14) Wisconsin 24: Christian Hackenberg threw for 339 yards and four TDs and the Nittany Lions (7-5, 4-4 Big Ten) pounced on a slew of blunders before holding off a late rally to upset the Badgers (9-3, 6-2) in Madison, Wis.
(24) Duke 27, North Carolina 25: Ross Martin kicked a 27-yard field goal with 2:22 left and the Blue Devils (10-2, 6-2 ACC) beat the Tar Heels (6-6, 4-4) in Chapel Hill, N.C., to complete an improbable run to the conference title game.
Anthony Boone threw for 274 yards and two touchdowns to Jamison Crowder as the Blue Devils clinched the Coastal Division championship with their eighth straight victory.
DeVon Edwards’ interception with 13 seconds left clinched the long-suffering program’s first 10-win season.
Duke is looking for its first ACC crown since 1989.