That’s News to you answers
Here are the answers to this week’s quiz:
1. E. GU enrolled 7,605 students this fall, up 82 percent from the 4,185 who attended in 1999.
2. A. City officials said the project to strengthen the Greene Street Bridge, built in 1955, will cost more than three times as much as originally estimated.
3. D. The 60-mile trail goes from the park in Washington to the lake in Idaho, although there are places where it runs along city streets.
4. E. With more than $4 million in unpaid parking fines, the city may bring back “the boot,” a tire-immobilizing device, which it hasn’t used since the 1980s.
5. C. The Cougars won six games and were bowl eligible in 2006, but didn’t get an invitation to a postseason game. Their last bowl appearance was in 2003.
On the Web: Now that you’ve warmed up your news memory, try the online version of the quiz at www.spokesman.com/newsquiz, where top entries go into a weekly drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel and all entries this week go into a drawing for movie tickets. To give our newspaper readers a little boost, some of the questions in this quiz also appear in the online version.
Last week’s winners were Tamara Poelstra, of Coeur d’Alene, who won the Davenport gift card, and Mark Kinney, of Spokane Valley, who won movie tickets.