If you followed the news last week, and maybe even if you didn’t, you could be a winner in our news quiz.
Get a little practice with the newspaper version of the quiz, then go online to www.spokesman.com/newsquiz for the interactive version, where top entries go into a weekly drawing for a $50 gift card and all entries this week go into a drawing for movie tickets.
1. Gonzaga University has experienced rapid enrollment growth since 1999. How rapid?
A. 46 percent
B. 55 percent
C. 64 percent
D. 73 percent
E. 82 percent
2. A repair project on what Spokane bridge is $1.4 million over budget?
A. Greene Street Bridge
B. Maple Street Bridge
C. Monroe Street Bridge
D. North Spokane Corridor Bridge
E. Sunset Highway Bridge
3. The Centennial Trail turns 25 next year. It still has a few gaps, but from where to where does the trail go?
A. Riverfront Park to the Spokane Valley
B. Kendall Yards to Liberty Lake
C. Browne’s Addition to Post Falls
D. Riverside State Park to Lake Coeur d’Alene
E. Peaceful Valley to the Idaho state line
4. To fight parking ticket scofflaws, the city of Spokane is considering what tactic?
A. Higher fines
B. More free parking days
C. Jail sentences
D. Wage garnishments
E. Tire boots
5. By beating the University of Utah, WSU became bowl eligible for the first time since
Check your work
To check your answers and last week’s winners, go to page B3.