Santa to visit Spokane District 9 fire stations, neighborhoods
Santa is driving his float through Spokane Fire District 9 and he has been kind enough to issue a schedule in advance.
He does his best to stick to it, weather permitting.
Santa and the fire district are collecting nonperishable food donations for the Mead Food Bank at all the open houses. Firefighters will serve goodies during the open houses, and you can bring a camera to take a picture with Santa.
• Saturday From 2-5 p.m. Santa and firefighters will host an open house at Fire Station 92, 3801 E. Farwell Road.
• On Wednesday, from 6-9 p.m. Santa will visit the Camelot and Forest Glen neighborhoods. At 6 p.m. Santa will be at Galahad Drive and Excalibur Avenue, then hitting Bedivere and Lancelot drives at 6:20 p.m.; followed by Percival Avenue and Guinevere Drive at 6:40 p.m.; the Metler and Guinevere drives at 7 p.m.; Chantel and Guinevere drives at 7:20 p.m.; Morton and Denver drives at 7:40 p.m.; Brierwood and Morton drives at 8 p.m.; Korey and Dakota lanes at 8:20 p.m.; and finally hitting the intersection of Metler Lane and Dakota Street at 8:40 p.m.
• On Dec. 12, from 6 to 9 p.m. there will be an open house at Fire Station 91, 616 W. Hastings Road.
• On Dec. 13, from 6 to 9 p.m. Santa and helpers will visit the Hutton Settlement, 9907 E. Wellesley Ave., followed by the Beau Rivage Apartments, 4707 E. Upriver Drive and Riverwalk Point Apartments, 4915 E. Upriver Drive. Santa will end the evening by swinging through the main streets in the Northwood neighborhood.
• On Dec. 14 from 2 to 5 p.m. there will be an open house at Fire Station 91, 616 W. Hastings Road.
Then, from 5-8 p.m. Santa and firefighters will visit the Pasadena Ridge Apartments, 4710 N. Pasadena Lane, Fraser Estates, near 9300 E. Princeton Ave. and end the evening at Pasadena Park Elementary School, 8508 E. Upriver Drive.
There will be an open house from 6 to 9 p.m., at Fire Station 98, 6606 N. Regal St.
• On Dec. 17, from 6 to 9 p.m., there will be an open house at Fire Station 99, 9105 N. Whitehouse St.
• On Dec. 19 from 6 to 8 p.m. Santa will visit the Nine Mile area.
• On Dec. 20, beginning at 6 p.m. Santa will visit the Seven Mile area and nearby golf course neighborhoods. From 5 to 9 p.m., he will also swing through the Linwood neighborhood between Monroe and Division streets.
Santa will also visit the Nine Mile area beginning at 5:30 p.m. at Station 97, 15222 N. Charles Road, hitting North Charles Road, North Inch Road, West Highland Road, and then coming back to North Katie Road and Maybob Road, continuing on to North Birdie Road, West Bluegrass Road, and on to the end of Northwest Shore Road. Santa then heads back on North Charles Road to Southbank Road, Waterview Drive and Westlake Road.
• On Dec. 21, there will be an open house at Station 99, 9105 N. Whitehouse St., from 2 to 5 p.m.
From 5:30 to 9 p.m., Santa and firefighters will visit the Five Mile Prairie area north of Strong Road and west of North Five Mile Road. Santa will also swing through the Foothills neighborhoods, beginning at 6 p.m. at the North Forker Road and East Scribner Road intersection, then continuing on Forker to East Foothills Road at 6:20 p.m., followed by East Temple Road at 6:40 p.m., East Lincoln Road at 7 p.m. and ending the evening at East Judkins Road at 7:20 p.m.
• On Dec. 22, from 5:30-9 p.m. Santa will visit the Five Mile Prairie area north of Strong Road and east of North Five Mile Road.
• And on Dec. 23, from 6-9 p.m., Santa hosts his last open house at Fire Station 92, 3801 E. Farwell Road.
Call (509) 466-4602 for more information.