Area residents complete basic military training
Several area residents have graduated from basic military training at Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio.
• Air Force Reserve Airman Jodi Signer graduated from Lewis and Clark High School in 2008 and earned an associate degree from Spokane Falls Community College in 2013. She is the daughter of Stephen and Vicki Signer, of Spokane.
• Air Force Airman Grant Gerhart is the son of Kevin Gerhart, of Spokane, and Kim Gerhart, of Bozeman. He is a 2012 graduate of West Valley High School.
• Air Force Airman 1st Class Gabriel Fernos graduated from North Central High School in 2010. He is the son of Spokane resident Gabriel Fernos.
• Army Pfc. Erik Heldt has graduated from basic combat training at Fort Jackson, Columbia, S.C. He is the son of Spokane resident Carl Heldt and a 2010 graduate of Ferris High School.
Several local residents have earned the rank of Eagle Scout, the highest rank awarded in the Boy Scouts of America.
• Dan Ritz, a member of Boy Scout Troop 117, is a junior at North Central High School and a freshman at Spokane Falls Community College. He is the son of Brad and Judy Ritz, of Spokane. His project consisted of landscaping and replacing benches at Twinlow Camp and Retreat Center in Rathdrum.
• Landon Toth is a member of Boy Scout Troop 418 and the son of Mike and Raelyn Toth. He is a senior at Central Valley High School. For his project, Landon gathered donations and fabric for the making of 200 pillowcases and ice pack covers for patients at Shriners Hospital for Children.
• Bryton Williamson is the son of Stan and Kathy Williamson and a senior at University High School. He gathered monetary donations and fabric to make more than 500 cooling scarves for troops overseas for his project. Bryton is a member of Boy Scout Troop 418.
• Braden Gamble arranged for the care of the Chester Elementary School garden during the summer for his project. Braden is a member of Boy Scout Troop 418 and a student at University High School. He is the son of Cody and Nicole Gamble.
• Mathias Maughan is a member of Boy Scout Troop 418 and a sophomore at University High School. Mathias is the son of Camille and Timothy Maughan. His project was to build a tortoise habitat for the West Valley Outdoor Learning Center.
To tell us about your achievements, write to Achievements, The Spokesman-Review, 999 W. Riverside Ave., Spokane, WA 99201 or send an email to heathers@ spokesman.com.